Public School Confirmation
Public School Confirmation Class is a joint effort of Grades 7-8 students who do not attend Friedens Lutheran School, their parents and the Friedens pastors. This year lessons will not be taught in person, instead online videos prepared by Pastor Gorte, take students through each lesson step-by-step.
- The 2020-2021 Public School Confirmation Schedule is available here.
- A brief introductory meeting and material handout will take place at 4:00pm on Wednesday, August 26. Only a parent is required at this meeting, though your children are welcome to attend.
- All lessons are to be completed by the Wednesday class date. These lessons may be found here. Each lesson will have an accompanying quiz that should be found beneath each video on that same page.
- Students and their parents will meet with Pastor Gorte every Wednesday, beginning on September 23, 2020. In addition, there will be six unit reviews (October 14, November 11, December 16, January 27, February 24, March 24, & April 21).
- Students will be provided with a student workbook, the Examination Lessons, and a Catechism.
- Parents will be provided with a parent binder. The parent binder is essentially the teachers’ guide, and it includes four sections: 1) a copy of Luther’s Small Catechism, from which memory work will be assigned; 2) a leaders’ guide to the student workbook with answers provided; 3) a complete set of quizzes for each lesson; 4) the answer key for each quiz; 5) The Examination Questions
- Parents are expected to make sure that their child does the work for each class. They are expected to make sure that their child is doing their work. If their child has a question about anything, they are given the leaders’ guide to the student workbook to help them answer the questions (not to let them copy it.) But they should feel free to contact Pastor Gorte if they have any questions.
- After each unit of lessons, students, Pastor Gorte will answer questions, ask the students to complete a unit review, and test their knowledge and understanding. The basis of this review will be the Examination Questions. Please make special note of these unit reviews so that your child is prepared for Examination.
- The Examination Questions can be found here.
This brief overview of the Public School Confirmation Class may not answer all your questions. Please feel free to contact Pastor Gorte with any questions or concerns you might have about the program.