Objectives of the Friedens Athletic Program:
- To provide Friedens Lutheran students the opportunity to participate in sports interscholastically.
- To provide a Christian atmosphere of competition at practice and games where no degrading, taunting or unchristian outburst will be tolerated.
- To provide an opportunity for participants to glorify God.
- To encourage students to do their best with the God-given ability that they have.
- To provide an opportunity for Christian fellowship through sports with other schools.
- To provide a program that uses instruction of the fundamentals in the various sports to better one’s skills.
- To learn the following of life’s lessons through athletics:
a. The value of competition.
b. Fellowship with one another.
c. Respect for others (players, coaches, referees, umpires and fans).
d. Getting along with one another and working together.
e. Good sportsmanship.
f. To recognize that God has not blessed all individuals with the same abilities but also to realize that giving our maximum effort is just as important as winning.